Since classes offered through Idaho Digital Learning Alliance are strictly online, there are some basic technology requirements.
You need a computer that meets minimum system requirements.
- A laptop or desktop computer less than 6 years old (Mac, Windows or Chromebook NOT a tablet)
- Internet connection
- A current email account
- One of the following operating systems: Windows Vista or higher or Mac OSX 10.5 or higher
- One of the following web browsers: Chrome or Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player, latest version
- Ability to read files of type .docx, .xlsx, and .pptx (these open by several programs, including Microsoft Office 2007 or higher, OpenOffice version 3 or higher, and Google docs)
- Ability to read .pdf files (these open by several programs, including Adobe Reader and Apple Preview)
- A microphone or headset microphone
- Speakers or headphones
- High Speed Internet connection (DSL, Cable, Satellite, NOT Dialup)