The Idaho Latino Scholarship Foundation (ILSF) seeks to promote the success of Idaho Latino families by providing scholarships for students to attend college. They seek to create partnerships and build programs that support and grow the number Latino students earning college degrees.
The 2018 Scholarship Applications deadline is April 15, 2018.
Open to Idaho High School and College Students
To apply for the ILSF Scholarship, applicants must:
- Submit an application and all required documents by April 15, 2018.
- Be an Idaho resident and of Latino/Hispanic descent.
- Be admitted to attend college next fall, or be currently enrolled at an Idaho college, university or vocation program.
- Be in good standing and making satisfactory progress (as defined by the student’s school) toward an academic degree, diploma, or certificate.
- Have a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.5 or above.
In addition to completing all questions on the online ILSF Scholarship Application, applicants must upload/attach the following documents to their application:
- Personal Statement (biography).
- Resume (list of accomplishments/brag sheet).
- Scholarship essay answering one of four questions listed on the ILSF Scholarship Application.
- High school or college transcript.
- Two letters of recommendation.
Application are reviewed by the ILSF Scholarship Committee and scored based on the following:
- Quality and content of essay and personal statement
- Academic excellence
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- Involvement in school, community, family
- Financial need